Scanning my Bloglovin feed every day is always a little bit like Christmas with its new surprises. Particularly so, when WhendidIbecomeaknitter received the Versatile Blogger award and passed it on to 15 other bloggers including me. Seeing as how I have been blogging for all of about 2 minutes, I was delighted. I’m passing this on to blogs that I love – well some of them. I suspect that at least a handful of them will already have received this award, in which case I apologise but still love their blog and think they should know.
Anyway, I need to recognise the blogger who nominated me. See above Also Lesley of itstartedwithruby, who has kindly listed me on her blog too. Thank you.
I also need to list seven things about me. Right.
- I always hated the colour yellow, but am now making my peace with it.
- I have been made redundant three times in the last nine years. Now at home with my daughter, who makes me a tiny bit more redundant every day.
- I finally learned how to ride a bicycle safely on the road at age 45.
- I love my three-year old daughter more than I could ever have imagined possible.
- My perfect day would include Twinings decaff tea in the morning, a stovetop espresso made with Marks and Spencer decaff Colombian in the afternoon and a glass of biscuit-y champagne with the Mister in the evening.
- I took grade 5 music theory in my mid thirties and aced it. Lack of that particular qualification had been bugging me since age 14.
- I am very excited about autumn being nearly here. Autumn is not a season prone to disappointing.
OK, the blogs that I would like to nominate. Please don’t feel obliged to pass this on, I’ll be more than happy for you just to sit smugly knowing that I love your blog. As I almost certainly do even if I haven’t listed your blog, many of the blogs that I read regularly have not yet made it onto my bloglovin reader, which is where I have drawn these from. I have also left a few off that I’ve already seen on at least two other lists, in the hope of including a few other blogs that I really enjoy reading and hope you will too.
- It started with ruby and When did I become a knitter? – I’ve said this before but any blog that includes the phrase “Brucie Bonus” has to be a winner. WDIBAK had me at the title.
- looking for snowdrops – owning up, this is a real life friend’s blog, but would be on my list even if I didn’t know her from Adam.
- barking rabbit – great knitting and poignant writing.
- wooly mammoth – I just love this blog.
- ogham moon – this one was on a brief break following pc troubles, hopefully it will be back soon.
- Project Stash – beautiful, friendly and inspiring crafting and travel blog
- Fun and Games with the Thompson Boys – another real life friend whose knitting always feels as if it is lighter than air and full of energy. Lovely blog.
- Sandy’s Space – how does this woman do so much and still have time to write multiple blogs? Beats me.
- Miss Elle’s Knitwear – yep, another blogger who I know in real life, but I promise it’s good.
- Faith – new and delightful.
Thanks again for the mentions!